By Al Ries and Laura Ries
- The Law of Expansion –> The power of the brand is inversely proporsional to its scope. Expanding your brand will diminish your power and weaken your image.
- The Law of Contraction –> A brand becomes stronger when you narrow its focus. Starbucks is one of good example in focusing their business, Coffe.
- The Law of Publicity –> The birth of the Brand is achieved with publicity, not advertising.
- The Law of Advertising –> Once born, a brand need advertising to stay healthy.
- The Law of the word –> A brand should strive to own a word in the mind of the consumer